Resolution Ticker

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Greetings

67*, 30.03" and steady barometer, 79% humidity, N 6 mph wind, partly cloudy
I'm slowly but steady trekking on down in weight. Last weekend I went ahead and rode my bicycle again the same route as before but I did a tiny bit more exploring when things caught my interest, like a pond with a great blue heron standing in it's shallows.
Sunday, which was supposed to be my rest day, was cooler then it had been in a while so instead of 'resting' I took Nathan and we went for a walk in the woods in a near by park. We sometimes followed the trail, but explored many animal trails and hills off the main trail. Climbing over mounds of dead trees, slipping carefully past stinging nettle and poison ivy, we explored and both had a blast. The kid wants to go again this weekend. This time wearing pants so that we can explore even bushier places.
As a result of all this exercise, my legs were very tired Monday and Tuesday. Not sore, just tired. I definitely needed to rest so on Monday I just did my core work out and today, absolutely nothing. Tomorrow I resume.

I have some plans for possible upcoming trips.
August (date unknown yet) Neighbors want to go camping with me.
September 19-21 poss backpacking trip in southern Indiana
October 2oth or thereabouts, poss backpacking trip with dear husband and Nathan, perhaps others in Hoosier.

No comments: