Resolution Ticker

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Icy Walk




I was wanting to get out and hike one of my secret trails, a forgotten and very over grown trail that no one else seems to know about, but the trail to that trail had been flooded during the winter, then iced over. I could not get to this trail without risking falling through some pretty serious ice and so I had to turn back and do the easy little loop instead today. My ankle, the one that had been injured from the fall on ice earlier in the year held up OK but I did feel it so I know I am going to have to really work on it before I tackle any major backpacking this year. I took a few pictures of the ice along deep river. You can see how the water levels have changed by the different levels of the ice shelves. The river is still higher then normal as it is right now. The building is the back side of the Deep River Sugar Shack where they make maple syrup.

No comments: